Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rice Advice- READ!!

This is a long one guys!

Last summer while aimlessly wandering through our local Christian bookstore, I ran across this CD by Chris Rice. And by ran across I mean I just happened to notice the ginormous display they had for his new CD (And with good reason!)

Now, I love Chris Rice, but up until this point, my Rice CD collection consisted of two cds...Both wonderful CDs, I love the man..don't get me wrong, but none of them....NO Cd for that matter, has ever immediately touched me like this one..

"What a Heart is Beating For"

and heres why..

Being a loyal Rice fan, I picked up this new Cd.. and listened to number 1. sounds good..pretty up beat for my taste but what do you expect..oh, he used the term "sleepy" again..he likes that..silly man

Then I get to #2. ..I would have loved to see my face after hearing their too-short excerpt of that song..It was like the answer to exactly what I had been struggling with!. amazing. Thanks Chris! So I bought it..because of #2..not hearing the whole thing. got in my car, turned to it..cried like a baby....a little bit

*sigh*


anyway,since then its been my absolute favorite CD...
There are just so many..wonderful phrases stuffed into this little disc.
So I'm going to share with you now, Some wisdom..from Chris-to me- to you..


the *'d ones are my two favorites..they're amazing and I could listen to them over and over..quite frequently do

1.Having a bad day? Nothing going right? are you being a "Debbie Downer"?
just think to yourself..

"So much for my sad song
so much for my sorry attitude.
Lets make this a love song instead cause I'm so in love with you..
no time for tears, I'm wearin a smile.. "

and you'll feel great!

*2. Relationships getting you down? Trying to sort out all those tiny, painful details of love? over thinking absolutely everything??? well..

"Leave it alone,
don't analyze cause love be your lullaby
but love can be your hurricane too.
And love can take your breath away..
but love can leave you lonely
and oh, whats a heart to do?
Why be afraid no reason to hide
take a chance put it ALL on the line..
draw in a deep breath and throw open the door..
cause thats what a heart is beating for.."


..amazing isn't it?


3. Ok, no more silly scenarios..just read them ..please?

"why are you lookin at me that way?
pointing your finger, shaking your head..
how bout some love along the way instead?
Pardon my dust..
excuse this mess.
I've made some mistakes,
so I've done quite a few things wrong.
Could you roll up your tight sleeves
and help a brother along.
pardon my dust, and I'll pardon yours"



4.
It takes my breath, its come to this,
we all bleed red you cant resist
the changing winds the roaring tide,
come on get on the winning side..
love is gonna break through...

and my heart pounds with the thunder,
and I stop and wonder..
what should we do with life's surprises?
everyday the sun rises on us..
like a swingset in a graveyard..
like a bloom in the desert sands..
look at my trembling
hands cause it hits me like lightning that love must keep
and somehow..every time
..love is gonna break through

5.

If everyone will take the step
Back away and count to ten
Clear your mind and start again
We won’t have to yell
Draw your lines and choose your side
Many things are worth the fight
But louder doesn't make you right
You don't have to yell

6.
Here we are together
I never would have guessed it
Baby, there's a reason
And Baby, there's a message
'Cause we've all seen the glories
And we've all heard love stories
Stranger than this

*7.Honestly this is the happiest song..ever..I love it so much.. so I"ll give you MOST of the lyrics..its a story..read it..figure it out and smile

So go ahead and ask her
for happy ever after
cause nobody knows whats coming
so why not take a chance on loving :D

Now take your time to answer me

For the beauty of romancing
Is to calm your trembling hand with mine
While begging love to fill your eyes
I can hardly breathe while waiting
To find out what your heart is saying...
and as we're swirling in this flavor
the world is tilting in our favor.

I’ve got it made

Rest in the shade
And hold my love
While God above
Stirs with a spoon
We share the moon
Smile at the bees
More sugar please
He really loves us after all
We’re gonna need another straw!

Cause life gave me lemonade
and I can't imagine why

born on a sunny day beneath a tangerine sky
i live life without pretending
i'm a sucker for happy endings
thanks for the lemonade :D



9. Wonderful love song..

Love, you snuck up behind me
I thought I was hiding, but oh, how I fell for you
My heart beats double inside me
As I learn to love and say my prayers for two
The dreams behind these things I'm asking

Now if the whole world goes wrong
I'll don a cape and fly to your rescue

I love you
How can I say
I love you
Let the words escape..

10. Playfully done ..very profound message

We've all been broken, but now we're doin' just fine
Cause nobody's good enough, and up here we're all the same.
We all get to heaven under Someone Else's name!


12. I so feel this one..

Have we all forgotten who we are?

When did we all grow up and lose our heart?
We gave up our innocence and energy
Remember how we used to be
When we were young and running free

Okay, everyone get outside and play
Give the sun a chance to kiss your face
Oh, let's play chase, and let's pretend, yeah
C'mon, grab another hand and skip along
Laugh the way we did when we were young
C'mon, c'mon, let's all be kids again

Go ride your bike, go climb a tree

Lunchboxes, crayons, tire swings
Jump with a friend into the creek
And hey, you might just skin your knee
Make time for catching fireflies
Lie in the grass, smile at the sky
Don't be afraid to laugh or cry
More bedtime prayers, more asking why




well thats all I got ...go to his website

http://www.chrisrice.com/music.php

listen to these songs! and maybe even invest in the cd! It really is worth it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always have loved Chris Rice's music, and this one is no more surprising. I just like how practical his statements are to life. Thanks Cassie Truly a blessing.