Tuesday, September 22, 2009

for the love of books!

I love books. I always have-I love how it feels to walk through a book store, and find just the right one.
I love purchasing books - I never go to the libary..wasteful, I know-I just hate giving up something I become so attached to! plus that way I can loan it out to friends!
Recently, I've been reading more. much more. Ive discovered that eating my lunch while at work and then spending my lunch break alone at the park with a good book makes my day much,much sweeter.

So, for the love of books, I decided to share with you what is on my shelf right now-

so far this month I have read:






Very lovely book. hillarious and ironic- fairly quick read- great story line- I absolutely loved the main character and her"english major" undertones



I am two chapters away from finishing :






I'm gonna go ahead and say it- this book is bizarre..but I love it! It is just so..interesting, I cannot wait to find out what happens in the end. I am so emotionally involve with the characters its ridiculous! It's not what I expected at all when I purchased it, and not something I would typically pick out for myself -but I'm so glad I did! well..so far anyway, I haven't finished it yet ;)









I will be picking up next week:







per my lovely sister in law's suggestion ( check out the fantastic sites she has created for the author too!) I am very excited!!








this lovely lovely book by Julie Andrews ..will eventually be finished!








If you are at all interested in biographies- or Julie Andrews..or, you know, even if you're not - it's worth pickig up -i'ts so great! I just ..haven't finished yet :-/
isn't she gorgeous?



and then there's always this treasure...

I picked this book up years ago- just because of the title and cover ( I do that too often..guilty ..) Its one of my absolute favorite books. I have read the first half dozens of times! I just havent actually read the while thing front to back! I think now is the time to do this. It really is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. A memoir written by an american man- who moves his family to Paris-its so real, and his descriptions of paris life is just gorgeous. Everytime I read it I want to immediately hop on a plane to paris. Incidently, does anyone else picture paris in black and white? I do..:)

3 comments:

lindseydenise said...

I feel the same way about books. I found your blog by searching for folks in AR. On my blog always put what I am reading. Have a great week!

Liz said...

Paris in the Moon sounds awesome! I love books that transport you away to Europe! Thanks for the recommendations!

Kelsi said...

I picked up Paris to the Moon a few weeks ago for 50 cents at the library, and to be honest, I only chose it for the exact same reasons you did! The cover is gorgeous. I've not finished it yet, but I'm absolutely in love with what I've read so far. I'm a little Paris obsessed, which is exactly why I'm a French minor ;) You know I'm gonna hit that place up big time after I graduate!